[hpsdr] Anie

P M Gant ha5rxz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 07:51:08 PDT 2009

I need to add a disclaimer here after the post by Henry. I have
corresponded by email with the creator of the preselector on the Hero
technology website and at one point he sent me a schematic of his
unit. There are some differences between his unit and my design:

1) My design is free to copy, his is a commercial product.

2) His design uses a PIC to control the settings via a control panel,
my design uses band selection to select the inductor and a primitive
frequency counter to select the capacitors (driven by the VFO).

3) My design uses additional capacitors to tune the top and bottom of
each preselector range. This gives more precise control but increases
complexity and may lower filter Q.

HA5RXZ