[hpsdr] More explanation coming

Don AE5K don at ae5k.us
Tue May 12 07:19:07 PDT 2009

To HPSDR Discussion List members:

I apologize for not having the foresight exactly 41 years ago yesterday,
when my wife and I got married, for picking a date that would interfere
with proper replies to email sent to me and this list.

Please have some patience while other participants in the HPSDR project
and myself formulate replies to your questions.  All of us are
volunteers and have our own personal lives too.

I wish to thank Phil Covington for permission to publish his email
messages to me -- without that permission I would risk litigation in any
kind of full disclosure to this list. It will take a little time for me
to sort out both emails and the time-line of the events that I plan to
present to the list so that all may see exactly what happened and when.

For a day or so, rest assured that really not much has changed with
HPSDR as far as the current project leaders and those active in bringing
each project to fruition.

Yes, Phil was placed on "moderation" shortly following his latest
redirection (taking away) of his-owned domain name (hpsdr.org) from the
group's website to his own web page.  I believe the reason for this will
become clear to all.  He attempted to send one (and only one) message to
this discussion list.  Meanwhile, for several days now, he has not been
on moderation, has not been taken off the list, or anything like that.
While everyone is waiting for further explanations from me and others,
I'd challenge Phil to try sending a message to this list -- if he is no
longer on the moderated status the message will go through; if he is
still on moderation as he claims, he will get back a message to that
effect which he can then post on his website.

Again, I'll be back here with another message either today or tomorrow,
depending on how many personal life things get in the way.

Don AE5K