[hpsdr] Is TAPR out of assembled OZY Boards?

Dave Larsen kv0s.dave at gmail.com
Fri May 8 07:03:56 PDT 2009

Richard --

  I did notice this announcement on the list.  As far as I know the name
of the manufacture has not been announced and the manufacture has never
announce on the list a called for orders.  We are in a wait and see
situation.

The current alternatives for Ozy are buy a PCB from TAPR or have one
made with the files on the support page and order all the parts and make
a board for yourself.  By the terms of the NCL hardware license, only
those granted a permission by Phil Covington can commercially
manufacture the board.

TAPR will not manufacture additional Ozy boards.  TAPR's intent is to
support technological development in Amateur Radio, they do not intend
to be a long-term providers of HPSDR boards.  They do sell one run of
board that they have been asked to support as a way to recoop
development costs and fund future board development.

All the boards on the the HPSDR site  are currently listed as either NCL
or OHL and are open to non-commercial limited production by
individuals.  The commercial production rights belong to the developer
of the hardware under NCL, If they have release the board under the OHL
license commercial vendors are free to produce and sell the boards.

Dave, KV0S

Richard Ames wrote:

> Does anyone have an update on this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard.
>
> On Fri, 2009-03-13 at 06:30 -0400, Philip Covington wrote:
> <cut>
>
>> I have been approached by a manufacturer that wishes to supply
>> assembled and tested OZY boards.  I have granted them a license to
>> produce OZY for the HPSDR project.   OZY will be available for order
>> from them - they will make an announcement here when they are ready to
>> offer the boards.
>>
>> TAPR still has a stock of bare OZY boards for anyone who wants to
>> assemble their own board.
>>
>> Phil N8VB

Dave Larsen, KVØS
Columbia, MO USA