[hpsdr] Why?

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Wed May 13 13:38:35 PDT 2009

I agree very much but ....
At the  SDR-1000 beginning I proposed in the Flex forum a "virtual audio
card" ( in fact a driver without card) to route the digital audio to
other existing programs (MixW, etc.). Phil C. volunteered to develop it
and asked for donations before to begin to work, based on some negative
experiences from the past.  I sent him the money among others and the
amount he asked for was soon reached.   As after some time no stuff was
ready people began to ask.  Phillip C. answered  in a flaming way,
saying that he was waiting until Vista were readied and asking to not
"cry like ...." (English is not my native tongue and I don't remember
the exact term he used).  The software never saw the light and now there
is a commercial product (VAC) which is used instead of.
Yes, he probably is a kind of technical genius and yes, he has his things.

(I am not related to the HPSDR project in any way other than a list
subscriber and an Atlas pcb buyer a lot of time ago.  If anybody needs
it in Europe, tell me).

73 de Ignacio, EB4APL