[hpsdr] WHY?

Carl Morris, WN3DUG cwmorris at pa.net
Wed May 13 14:13:47 PDT 2009

To All,

I don't think the following has been addressed, as requested by
Chris, G8MXW, and other members of the group:

"Who owns and controls the domain name openhpsdr.org?
Unfortuantely the
owner as opted to protect the details by using a private
registration proxy.

What safeguards are in place to prevent a similar situation
occurring in
future?

How many people have administration rights to the wiki and
website and
who are these people?

Do you intend to allow registered members to edit wiki pages?"

I, too, want to know the answers to these questions, before I
spend any
more money with TAPR, even though I am a Member of TAPR.

Again, it's the "Secret" things that have been going on that I
don't care for.

Based on what TAPR & friends has evidently done with the HPSDR
site already, I
don't trust their judgement for handling this site in the future.
TAPR should
not be involved in this site!

Why not ask the list members what their wishes are, before taking
such drastic
actions?

As far as being a friend of Phil's, I've never met him
personally, but would
like to, as he seems to be the only one telling the truth so far,
as much as I'm
able to discern from the available "Open" information.

I feel that since a lot of us have inveted a substantial amount
of money
and time willingly in the HPSDR Project, we should have some say
in what
happens.

Let's try to work together, in the Project, for everyone's
benefit!

Regards,

Carl, WN3DUG
cwmorris at pa.net