[hpsdr] WG: Mercury as spectrum analyzer?

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Mon May 18 13:55:01 PDT 2009

More projects than time available at the moment!

73's Phil...VK6APH

I've got the answer to the time problem Phil, retire, pack the day job in completely, and devote yourself 100% to HPSDR.  Of course you won't survive very long, so make sure you have everything set up first.  Just think of all the kudos that will accrue to you when you become the first ham to give his life for HPSDR.

It's a funny old world isn't it?  There's me here in the UK, retired with plenty of time (as far as I know) but no brains, and there's Phil down there in VK land with a brain the size of Tasmania but with little time to use it, (his brain that is, not Tasmania).

On a serious note, I absolutely love this little HPSDR setup, I almost kiss it when I power it up, it really does add a further dimension to the pleasure of ham radio.  My FT-847 is in quite a sulk as it only gets used for 2 meter chats, and satellite work.  And my TS830 has been rudely dragged out of retirement in order to provide a 100 W output for the HPSDR setup.

I will show my considerable age by saying, live long and prosper Phil, and, who loves ya baby.  I guess I watch too much UKTV Gold.

Jeff Cook G0AFQ.