[hpsdr] Pennywhistle standoffs?

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Mon Nov 2 12:41:53 PST 2009

I see that the Pennywhistle kit I received only came with 4 standoffs and
hex cap screws to mount the board. The BOM shows 8 screws and standoffs.

I assume these four are to be used at the corners of the board, and we just
don't use the ones closest to the output transistors? However, the V1.1
manual, pg 3 states: "The PCB is mounted to the main heatsink with ¼ inch
long #4-40 spacers at four locations in the vicinity of the PA transistors."
This would imply that the edges of the board are not supported. The picture
in appendix "F" shows all 8 standoffs...

Bruce N1RX