[hpsdr] PennyWhistle output power...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon Nov 30 18:28:51 PST 2009

PW seems to be working however, I'm seeing about 15W into a dummy load,
measured on a Bird Watt meter with a 250W slug.  This is with the
settings as given in the guide e.g. on 20m, PA Gain=41.0 and CW Drive of
100 (Value of 100 set in the Tune Power field in PSDR Setup|transmit).

I don't have a meter sensitive enough to measure output from Penelope
but have done the required output transformer flip.

Should I be seeing a value of 20W or is some divergence from the
published values to be expected?

Is it reasonable to adjust the PA Gain setting to attempt to bring the
value closer to 20W?

Thanks,

Pete, N3EVL