[hpsdr] Penny Whistle

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Tue Nov 3 06:13:10 PST 2009

Tim:

If you have access to a spectrum analyzer that can look close in at the
3rd. 5th, etc.
products, you can trim the bias control pots to improve the
intermodulation products.

Any setting on either pot that does not exceed 0.5 amps per transistor
is fair game.
And even if you go above that on a transistor, you won't damage anything.

Unfortunately, you won't find a setting that gets rid of them all, at
the same time.
But you might find a compromise setting that is slightly better than the
one in the
set-up instructions.

Since these settings are transistor specific and dependent, you do need
a Spectrum
Analyzer to do it.  Don't be afraid to experiment a little with the
quiescent bias.

--- Graham

==