[hpsdr] TAPR HPSDR Manufacturing Update

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Nov 10 14:44:34 PST 2009

Hi all,

Here is a quick TAPR HPSDR manufacturing update:

Pennywhistle 20W PA kit - Now in stock and shipping.

Excalibur Frequency reference kit - First batch of kits completed
(thanks Steve, N5EN and Walter, K5WH!) and enoute to TAPR. Order page
will open soon.

Magister USB interface (assembled) - The Magister USB interface is in
production now (thanks Lyle!).  This board is a USB 2.0 interface
that replaces the no longer available Ozy board. Parts have been
ordered and assembly has been scheduled. Magister should be available
before the end of the year. You can go here for a detailed
differences list between Ozy and Magister:
http://www.hamsdr.com/dnld.aspx?id=1016

Mercury receiver, Janus A/D-D/A, Atlas backplane kit, LPU power
supply kit, Pandora enclosure are all in stock and shipping.

Alex filter boards - testing is nearly complete on the purchased
toroids. Some capacitor values and turns counts are being adjusted
for best performance given that the production core material is
slightly different from the material used to prototype Alex. Look for
another update in a few weeks, but I hope that we will be open for
pre-orders before the end of the year.

73,
Scotty WA2DFI