[hpsdr] HPSDR - FPGA updating

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 06:13:37 PST 2009

Hi All,

I want to make sure I understand the physical 'rules' for programming
the HPSDR Boards 'in situ' on the Atlas backplane, so I don't cause any
problems when I do said programming.

 From my reading of the postings to this list, I believe what is below
is a correct, complete, and not-overdetermined set of rules.  Is this
correct?

1.  Ozy must be the most distant board from the Atlas Power connector

2.  The board closest to the Atlas Power connector must have the 'last
JTAG' jumper in place.  This jumper should be left 'open' on other boards.

3.  If the boards are not sequentially positioned [i.e., if there are
any gaps between the boards where an Atlas connector is left empty] or
if the slot closest to the Atlas power connector is empty, then these
empty slots must be filled with a DIN 41612 male plug [e.g. Mouser
617-09-03-196-6921] that has pins A27 and A29 shorted together.

Are these three rules correct, necessary, and sufficient?

And two final requests for confirmation so all 'necessary' information
can be found in one place for future reference:  it appears to me that
the "A" terminals [e.g. A27 and A29] on the DIN 41612 connectors are
those that are furthest from the Atlas power connector.  It appears that
pin 1 is on the right and pin 32 is on the left, as one looks from the
Atlas power connector towards the far end of the board.  Are these
statements correct?

Thanks in advance, and

73,

W3SZ