[hpsdr] Penny audio and Hermes

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 12 16:40:07 PDT 2009

Penny,
I usually run the gain around 10 using an EV664 with 3 or 4 db of comression. You can dial in the response with the 10 band TX EQ. I did not modify the software. It is easy to over drive the audio. Use a scope to see where you compress. I would like to run higher positive peaks but software seems to limit around 100 % positive. I would like to hit 150% positive and 95% negative.

Hermes layout looks better withough a 15 watt linear living on the board. I have done susceptibility tests with a 1/2 inch loop and have given low voltage logic fits with a couple watts.
Please use plenty of ground to heat sink the A/D. I'll solder a brass spacer to the bottom and heat sink to the chassis if there needs to be better heat transfer. That board would drop right into my desk top final project