[hpsdr] Dither and Random should be enabled for best performance of Mercury

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Thu Oct 29 19:24:49 PDT 2009

All,
Phil Harman reminded me about Dither and Random last week, but I must
confess I forgot about it this week until I started getting IMD
Dynamic Range numbers that were about half of what I expected. As a
result, I have added this to the section on Receiver Performance, IMD
Dynamic Range on the Wiki:

Important note: To get good performance with respect to the IMD
Dynamic Range tests, be sure to check "Dither Enabled" and "Random
Enabled" in the PowerSDR >Setup > HPSDR > Mercury Options panel. If
this is not done your IMD Dynamic Range will be reduced by about 50%.

Ron, W9KFB
Indianapolis