[hpsdr] Ozy replacement

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sat Oct 3 14:07:14 PDT 2009

Alberto I2PHD said the following on 10/03/2009 04:48 PM:
>> http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=MAGISTER
> It is not clear to me how does Magister compare vs Ozy... is it a
> complete replacement ?
> A superset of Ozy ? Or there are capabilities that Ozy has, and Magister
> doesn't ?

It removes the parallel port driver for the SDR-1000, reduces the number
of general purpose I/O lines, and removes some of the original
diagnostic/debugging hardware (fewer LEDs, etc).  It uses the same FPGA.

The intention is to provide all the functionality needed for the
"modern" HPSDR stack based on Merc and Penny, without the extras that
very few people looking for a new board would care about.

John