[hpsdr] CPU board for HPSDR

Kevin Wheatley m0khz at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Oct 4 08:44:19 PDT 2009

This is going to be an interesting thread :)

I've been thinking along the same lines, however it's the system as a
whole that really need discussing, i.e following the motherboard, what
about the peripherals?
OK there are many choices to be made and yes you could squeeze all
this inside a small box, but what about keyboard mouse and display.
I (currently) think the best overall option would be for one of the
better performing netbooks. This will give you a physically small foot
print, with the performance to run PowerSDR, however I'm not sure if
this would meet (the soon) future requirements. For example multiple
receivers (4 currently planned for Hermes) and the GUI modifications
to support this.

The GUI development is really going to be interesting, how about a
spinning cube with each receiver on a different 'face', when you start
to think about what the GUI will look like in the future, my mind
'Boggles' :)

Just my 2 cent worth.

73's
Kevin