[hpsdr] Gilding the lily.

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Mon Oct 26 13:18:14 PDT 2009

Jeff:

There have been "Trimble Thunderbolt" GPS-DO receivers offered from time
to time
by the "Time Nuts" division of TAPR, which, other than the GPS antenna
and power supply, is a
self contained GPS receiver and disciplined TCXO.   Although not
currently available
from TAPR, they are for sale on eBay.

Good connection/operation information:
http://www.leapsecond.com/pages/tapr-tbolt/

I will post pictures or descriptions of what the HPSDR user community is
using to
drive their HPSDR/Excalibur boards, if they send them to me.

The first posting is a write-up of a very nice packaging of a surplus
LPRO-101 Rubidium frequency
standard by Hans, DL2MDQ and Juergen, DD6UJS.  Look toward the bottom of
the Excalibur Wiki page for the ".pdf" write up.  In this case, they did
not wait for Excalibur
and built their own Atlas bus interface, which is  a subset of the
Excalibur circuit. It can also
directly drive an Excalibur.  LPRO-101 units are selling on eBay for
less than USD $100.

Examples of constructive use of high stability references with HPSDR are
the
Moon-bounce station of Joe, K5SO, or those using their HPSDR in frequency
measuring competition.

--- Graham / KE9H

==