[hpsdr] Mercury SSB Phase Noise Testing Thanks for all the help!

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Oct 26 22:32:05 PDT 2009

Hi Ron,

Many thanks for your most interesting measurements.  Just one comment
relating to MDS. With PowerSDR, after calibrating the spectrum display,
you can read the MDS (in the selected bandwidth) directly from the Average
S Meter display. There is no need to use a test signal.

In this case MDS = receiver noise floor.

I hope you extend your range of tests to include IP3. I expect you are
aware of this but, unlike an analogue receiver, with a DDC receiver the
IP3 varies with signal level. Also  enabling Random and Dither will have a
significant (beneficial) effect on the IP3 performance.

73's Phil...VK6APH