[hpsdr] IP3 testing of Mercury

Ronald Cox w9kfb1 at mac.com
Thu Oct 29 23:15:23 PDT 2009

Phil ,
Our 2009 ARRL Handbook now says that the preferred method for IP3
measurement is to use S5 signal levels instead of MDS signal levels
due to avoiding many receivers' non-linearity at the noise floor
level. Thus the Third Order Intercept = (3 x (S5 IMD level)- (S5
Reference))/2
This test would be done with Dither and Random enabled at 3.5/off/20,
14/off/20, 14/on/20, 14/off/5, 14/off/2, and 50/off/20 (MHz/PreAmp/
Spacing) to compare with the ARRL's review of the Flex-3000.
Would this meet expectations?

Ron W9KFB
Indianapolis