[hpsdr] Excaliber and pennywhistle availability?

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Thu Sep 17 22:03:03 PDT 2009

Hi George,

Here is the latest on Pennywhistle, Excalibur and Alex.

Pennywhistle PCB arrive in AZ on 21 Sep. Heatsinks ship to TX on 8
Oct. N5EN and K5WH have completed over 200 small parts kits already.
Look for these to begin shipping in mid October.

Excalibur PCB arrive in AZ on 21 Sep. Oscillators ship on 2 Oct.
Kitting is still pending, but all other parts have been ordered and
are in hand. Look for these to begin shipping in late October.

Alex toroid manufacturing samples still unacceptable. A month ago, I
thought that we might still be able to make fully assembled and
tested units, I am thinking that we will likely build toroid-less
boards and offer a partial kit. This *will* be decided in the next
few weeks, as my goal is to produce Alex by the end of the year.

Hope that helps some. I will give a more complete update at DCC next
weekend. Hope to see many HPSDR'ers there!

73,
Scotty WA2DFI