[hpsdr] OzyII status update

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sat Sep 26 05:16:59 PDT 2009

Phil Harman wrote (on the wiki):

"...In order to use this initial software it will be necessary to
program the MAC address of the PC you intend to use with OzyII into the
board. We will provide a Flash memory chip on the PCB that will be
programmed with the boards MAC address during manfacture..."

Phil,

Sounds like you are indeed making great progress on this.  Please excuse
my ignorance but the terms 'initial' and 'during manufacture' sound
mutually exclusive :)

Some questions:

1) How 'permanent' will this 'initial' software be?
2) Possible to change the address later [with/without eprom flashing
hardware]?
3) What if the ethernet connection is via a switch/hub/whatever, not
direct to the PC's ethernet card?

If this is just a temporary arrangement during development then that's
not a problem but I would think this would be inconvenient for the long
term due to likely change of PC and/or ethernet card.

Pete, N3EVL