[hpsdr] Need help with vista 32-bit (sorry)

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed Apr 21 20:57:40 PDT 2010

Terry,

Not sure what the famous "Vista and USB problem is" -- I've got Vista
on the main box I use  for development these days and it works fine
with Ozy and friends.   A while back (over a year) we did have some
issues loading firmware and FPGA on Vista,  but that's been fixed for
quite a while now so I doubt that's what you're hitting.

Can you give more details as to what is not working, symptoms you've
got.  You say you've tried Winrad and  the WinUSB drivers - you do
realize you'll have to switch the drivers back to the libusb based
drivers.    To see if you've got the right device drivers talking to
the board  look in the device manager.  If the libusb driver are
LibUSB-Win32 devices.

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)