[hpsdr] K.I.S.S. CW Keying?

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Thu Apr 8 14:07:06 PDT 2010

Dear OpenHPSDR,
I have my new Penelope installed and working very well in TUNE and
MOX modes with PowerSDR. Today I attached a set of CW Paddles to
the 9pin Ozy connector and I can send good code if I use small 256
TX buffers in PowerSDR.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to send CW from the Ozy
paddle connection with K.I.S.S. software. I tried both v1.0 and
v1.5 with no luck. K.I.S.S. is receiving quite well, but no CW
Tx.

I have not yet configured a T/R switch, so I do not have any PTT
connections (virtual or real). Do you suppose PTT is necessary
with K.I.S.S. or do I need to wire in my external K1EL keyer?

Any suggestions are welcomed,
thank you for reading my email,
73 de Ken N9VV