[hpsdr] PowerSDR 1.19.3 For information.

Mike Stevenson mike.g8als at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 16 06:33:58 PDT 2010

I have been using PowerSDR 1.10.4 for both Tx and Rx without any problems on my Vista computer and as PowerSDR 1.19.3 looked like giving some small improvements, I decided to give it a try.

After many attempts to get it up and running without success, I re-installed NET frame 1.1 and NET frame 3.5, both with all the updates. This resulted in PowerSDR startup screen freezing half way through startup.

At this point I decided to try updating my LP-PAN PowerSDR IF software used with my K3 which is based on  the same Flex build.
The LP-PAN was not connected to the computer and I had the same Hang at startup, but luckily it said Can not config. audio ports. So I plug a Headset into the computer audio connectors and retried. It started OK.

So back to PowerSDR 1.19.3 restarted with the headset plugged in, worked OK.
After configuring in SETUP and running for a few hours without any problems, Rx only, I decided to try a restart without the headset plugged in, no go. Plugged headset in OK again.

The sound card is on board Realtek HD audio and I normally only have computer speakers connected. So I looks as if the software is always looking for an active sound card even if not used.

I hope this may help others if they have problem getting the software to work.

Mike G8ALS