[hpsdr] PowerSDR and Win 7 64Bit

david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 01:10:03 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I was very interested to see Rogers comments regarding PowerSDR and Win 7 64Bit. I have followed exactly the instructions for downloading the driver contained in Quick Startup Guide many, many times with absolutely no luck whatsoever. The OS simply refuses to recognise the driver dowloaded as a valid USB driver.

I am beginning to wonder if there are some subtle differences between the Win 7 release available over here (GB) and USA. The reason for thinking this is that I purchased a Griffin Power Mate which refuses to work with Win7 32 or 64 even though the manufacturer insists it is compatable. I am currently involved in a totally unproductive email exchange with them.

Do you think there could be any truth in my outlandish sugestion or am I just being stupid (Again!)?

73 to all,

Dave MW0AYM