[hpsdr] ATLAS LEDs, which is which?

Ben Witvliet pa5bw at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 3 11:03:03 PDT 2010

Thanks Horst, Dan, Henry, Scotty for help!

Henry was right, my ATX PSU is apparently a new type that does not put out
-5V. So no short or other problem. And no need for that -5V for my
Atlas/Mercury/Penelope anyway, as I understand now.

I must admit my confusion came mainly from not knowing my way yet in the
HPSDR documentation. So thanks for pointing me to the right spots in the
schematics (Dan) and for sending me a clear picture of another Atlas with
silk screen labels (Horst).

The NT Electronics Atlas has no silkscreen labels near the LEDs, the TAPR
Atlas apparently does. But both turn out to have identical physical layout.

Thanks a lot, I'm very impressed with the HPSDR community and will do my
best to educate myself as fast as possible to become one of you ;-)

73, Ben PA5BW
pa5bw at xs4all.nl