[hpsdr] Still no joy getting ghpsdr to run on Ubuntu...

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Apr 7 17:52:29 PDT 2010

On Apr 7, 2010, at 6:31 PM, n3evl wrote:

> As suggested by others:
>
> I've copied the .rbf and .hex files from my working Windows environment to the ghpsdr/bin directory
> I've built Dttsp and ghpsdr on Linux;
> I've updated mercury rev to 2.9a. (and verified ok on Windows).
>
> Still no luck getting the usb data transfers running.  The linux initozy log is shown below:

Pete -- the first 7 "Write to I2C Failed" lines are normal.  I2C is used for Janus and Penelope to set various parameters of the ADC on board.  The first set of 7 lines in initozy is for Janus, the second set of 7 lines is for Penelope.  I'm making the assumption that you don't have a Janus board, so you'd expect the first set to fail.  The second set seems to be executing correctly, so your Penny is getting set up.

Also, the UploadFirmware is executing correctly, and the size looks correct.  Other than that, I don't know why ghpsdr would be hanging on the read from both endpoints.