[hpsdr] Teamspeak 3.0

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 07:15:13 PDT 2010

Hi Jeremy, All,

Thank you for setting up the Teamspeak 3 server!
Lots of new things have been added.

I tested a little bit with the TS 3 Client and was positively surprised
to see it has provisions for Virtual Audio Cable for both input and
playback.
Playback using VAC could be useful for capturing the audio output to an
external audio recording program and record directly in an compressed
format eg. mp3.
For me this could have the benefit of not having to worry about
excessive file sizes if I start for example recording at say 23:00 local
time, currently 4 hours ahead of the start of the HPSDR Teamspeak
session, and stopping recording at the next day at say 09:00.

Using the "capture" input mode and using VAC, just for fun, I tried
routing the output of PowerSDR to Teamspeak 3 and listening it back on
another computer.
Works FB!

For those who want to try:
I have the audio still connected and will leave it on there for a while.
( If no problem)
It's the output of "DCF77" at 77.5 KHz (I wanted to have a simple,
steady, continuous signal source) at a bandwidth setting of 50 Hz, CWL
(I wonder if someone can decode it off of TS3 ?!    ;-)  )

I will do some more testing later.

Thanks again for setting up TS 3 Server.

Henry.