[hpsdr] Altera Quartus V9.1sp2

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Apr 23 03:54:32 PDT 2010

All,

There was a report on the Altera reflector today that there is a problem
with programming EPCS  flash memory chips using Quartus V9.1sp2.
For now I suggest you continue to use  V9.1sp1 until this has been checked
out.  For the time being I'll not add sp2 support to the various *.bat files
that are used for updating FPGA code in Penny and Mercury.

Also please note that the Altera tools are currently listed as being
supported under  32 bit version of Windows XP and Vista - there is no
mention yet of Win7 nor 64 bit versions.  This may also apply to the
programming software we use to update our FPGA code.

If anyone has been able to successfully updata code using Win7/64 bit OS
perhaps they could let the group know.

73's Phil...VK6APH