[hpsdr] Books on SDR

k5nwa k5nwa at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 30 07:55:04 PDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 04:20:21 -0500, Chris Smith <chris at vspl.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have just done a cursory search of Amazon for books on SDR. First
> thing I noticed was the ridiculous price of these "reference" books. The
> next thing I noticed was the date of publication - 2007/8. Conclusion:
> If I was foolish enough to buy such a book it would seriously damage my
> wealth and be seriously out of date already.

Those books are fine, radios have not changed how they work, and as far as
cost, low volume sales coupled with a lot of time to write the boot means
they are not going to be $14.95. So either buy them or do without, I
personally have quite a collection and you pick up something from each
one, I particularly like the Lyons book.

<
http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Digital-Signal-Processing-2nd/dp/0131089897/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1272639295&sr=8-1

Cecil
k5nwa