[hpsdr] Magister USB driver for Windows 7 x64

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Aug 1 22:16:47 PDT 2010

Isaac,

I don't have an x64 system up so don't have direct experience in
getting it to work.

As to the jumpers on Magister - you want to place jumpers on SCL and
SDA to tie the I2C bus to the Atlas bus.   You also want to set MSEL0
to 1 and MSEL1 to 0 indicating PS mode programming.

Next thing  is to  try is to run initozy11.bat from a command prompt
and look at the output.  Specifically very interested to know if
loadFW and loadFPGA at the start of the batch file succeed.  The
calls to writeI2C are for Janus and Penelope.    If loadFW and
loadFPGA succeed, then I suspect you've need to upgrade the firmware
in the ROM on Mercury.  If this is a fresh Mercury board from TAPR
that's never hard the firmware updated on it I'm sure you need to
update the firmware.  The USBBlaster code in SVN will do that -
there's a readme in there that tells how to use it.  (I'd provide a
link but can't seem to get to the SVN server at this moment).

Let me know what the loadFW and LoadFPGA are doing - that will tell
me if you're successfuly talking to the Magister board.

Regards,

Bill