[hpsdr] Hermes

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Thu Aug 5 00:36:53 PDT 2010

>   Also, in the absence of a router-like device that could provide DHCP,
> both the laptop and Hermes would need to have their IP addresses
> manually set.  ---So there are two arguments for a USB Hermes.  (are
> they strong arguments?)
> Dave

Hi Dave,

KK and Bill's PowerSDR (TM) variant will have an OzyII "discovery mode"
whereby it will send out a  UDP/IP broadcast looking for OzyII board(s).
If a DHCP service is available, and the OzyII board(s) have made use of
it, then they will return their allocated IP address.

Alternatively the user will be able to allocate a fix IP address. I have
this code tested and working in the Ethernet version of KK.

For Ethernet is running about 10:1 at the moment.

73's Phil....