[hpsdr] Hermes

Achim Vollhardt avollhar at physik.uzh.ch
Thu Aug 5 01:27:33 PDT 2010

Hi Phil,
no own experience, just from what I have heard and read:

48 V DC, 350mA max
compatible with 10BaseT, 100BaseTX and 1000BaseT (Gigabit Ethernet).

available power close to 13W (is this enough?)

more in Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_over_Ethernet

and I think the IEEE Standard is free for download.

If it does not create too much of a headache, I would suggest using PoE
with an optional external 48V jack, just in case one uses it with an
external PSU.

Would be just sweet to have a box with coax in, Gigabit Ethernet out and
nothing else :)

73s Achim, DH2VA