[hpsdr] Fwd: Hermes Ethernet

Bob Campbell joan-bob at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 5 18:08:47 PDT 2010

Hi Mike, Dan, Rob, Lester and the list.

Thanks for the replys.  I appreciate the feedback.  Well the two
switches here are the 10Mb LanTech and 100Mb WireTek.

Now some of the wiring is not exactly Cat5 so in the knowledge that we
will be using the network with the future boards I think its a good time
to chase these problems down a bit more and report back to the list.

Some of the network wiring is ribbon cable and thus is not shielded or
does much for common mode rejection.  So it should be interesting to
play round with the various combination of switches and cabling to see
if I can get rid of the problem and what causes the most spurious rf.

More later..

73's
Bob.c
Vk4xv