[hpsdr] Hermes

Warren C. Pratt warren at wpratt.com
Thu Aug 5 20:03:41 PDT 2010

I view Hermes as the ultimate implementation of the development of
technologies that has been done using the Atlas backplane.  I would prefer
Hermes to be a proven, stable, implementation - i.e., USB-based.

It seems to me that the Atlas backplane (or successor) is the appropriate
experimentation and test format for ongoing major enhancements, such as
ethernet.  I'm delighted that such rapid and significant progress has been
made with the ethernet interface; however, I can't help but believe that
there are some significant learning experiences yet to come in terms of its
behavior.

My thoughts .

Warren  NR0V