[hpsdr] Step 1 Question

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Aug 9 01:03:48 PDT 2010

All,

Just received this interesting and thought provoking question from the
dttsp-linux reflector regarding our digital data plans.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

73's Phil...VK6APH

Phil

Interesting - as a data mode ham, I have a couple of questions:

"All DSP on the server" - now how does this split work for say PSK-31? On
my current
setup I take raw I/Q audio via jack from the softrock, dttsp does the hard
work of
selecting an chunk of spectrum, and this reappears (again in jack) as an
audio
signal. FLdigi is connected to this, and does not know it wasn't connected
to the
headphone socket of a 'real' radio.

Would your design export the intermediate audio (realtime across the
network), or
would you split fldigi to run its modem(s) on the server, and export
decoded text
(plus non-realtime waterfall data) to the client?

One other detail - is this work GPL v3 or GPL v2?

73

--David G8SQH