[hpsdr] Step 1 Question

Thierbach, Ed ethierba at umich.edu
Mon Aug 9 07:03:01 PDT 2010

I think VAC on the client (user interface) side is really the only way to go.  Having a "virtual sound card" on the network would still require some sort of driver on the client end, to take that virtual sound card and turn it into a device that fldigi (or any sound card app) could take advantage of.  Since VAC is well-known and well-used, we might as well just use that.

BTW, I do still think that the interface specs should allow for DSP processing to happen somewhere besides the server end.  Even if that's not implemented in the first pass, I'd hate to write off that possibility so early.  I may very well be in the minority, though, and will certainly go with whatever the whole group decides.

-Ed-