[hpsdr] Hermes Beta boards.

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Mon Aug 9 13:26:36 PDT 2010

On Aug 8, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Kjell Karlsen wrote:

> I listened to the last teamspeak and heard that Jeremy (I think it was) suggested that we give the HPSDR community all infos for the Beta PCB´s and all measured data on the present board so that people that want it can make there own Hermes with USB interface.

My proposal was more that we release whatever the current status of the board is, marked "AS-IS" and "PRELIMINARY" and that we let people decide what to do with it themselves.  Then people can do whatever they want with the designs that exist.  To a certain extent it's like making the SVN repository available.  It's not only for looking at the code as it exists today, but also being able to look at the code as it was at an arbitrary point in time.  Releasing the preliminary designs is partially in the "open" spirit, and partially so others can learn from what's there.  If folks are opposed, it's not a big deal to me.  It's merely a suggestion.