[hpsdr] Step 1 Question

John Melton john.d.melton at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 10 00:30:55 PDT 2010

The current architecture is that the hpsdr and softrock hardware servers
send I/Q data to the client over UDP.

In the current systems, there are 2 clients,  one is the dspserver and
the other is a modified version of ghpsdr (receiver) that connects to
the I/Q server.  There is no problem sending I/Q data around a local LAN
running at 100 or 1000 Mb, but you would not want to send I/Q data over
the internet.

The dspserver sends and audio stream of aLaw samples at 8000 samples per
second.  This gives good mono audio output.

I have taken the audio output from jMonitor and fed it into fldigi
(using a cable between 2 sound cards).  There is no reason why we cannot
have a client that makes the audio available on VAC on Windows and Jack
on Linux.

We can also have an option to send the audio stream as raw 16 bit
samples at up to 48000 samples per second.

Regards,

John