[hpsdr] ghpsdr3 on Windows -- updated

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 08:46:21 PDT 2010

Hi All,

There is in the ghpsdr3 receiver a bug similar to David's bug #2, where
if the output audio device is other than '0', frequency updates don't
get carried out properly.

David's solution for this bug in dspserver led me directly to a quick
fix for this bug in the ghpsdr3 receiver.

Frequency control when not using audio output device 0 is restored by
the following:

code in .../src/receiver/ozy.c is changed by eliminating lines 270 and
276, so that ghpsdr[3] ALWAYS sends audio back to server.

// else {  //w3sz eliminated <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
             // send the audio back to the server

bytes_written=sendto(audio_socket,output_buffer,sizeof(output_buffer),0,(struct
sockaddr *)&audio_addr,audio_length);
             if(bytes_written<0) {
                 fprintf(stderr,"sendto audio failed: %d\n",bytes_written);
                 exit(1);
//            }  //w3sz eliminated <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Once you have done this you can run the receiver with a command like:
./ghpsdr --local-audio 1 or
./ghpsdr --port-audio 1
and still have functioning frequency control.

There is likely a more elegant, efficient way to solve this, but I
figured I would post this to save others who want to use the receiver
now some time.  I haven't found any deleterious effects of this change
thus far.

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ