[hpsdr] OZY II (Aussie II)

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Tue Aug 24 17:49:33 PDT 2010

> Maybe I missed it in the docs that I have read,  but wanted to know if the
> ethernet connection for OZYII can be programmed by the user to use static
> IP' similar to a USB to Ethernet server device?

Yes it can.  You have the choice of using DHCP to assign an IP address or
during the OzyII Discovery process, whereby a PC can determine how many
OzyIIs are connected to a network, you can assign a fixed IP address to
each card.

Both of the above options are presently working in the Alpha FPGA code.

A quick update regarding OzyII progress. Both Bill, KD5TFD, and I have
fully working Alpha PCBs.  I've implemented UDP/IP, ARP, ping, DHCP and
Discovery in Verilog and have a version of KISS Konsole that works with
the OzyII.

Bill is about to commence a version of PowerSDR(TM) that will work with
OzyII and I'm looking a options for a Beta build of the PCB.

I'm also adding I2C support and the ability to update the FPGA code via
Ethernet.  Following that we will be implementing a softcore uP in the
FPGA and then going on holiday :)

73's Phil...VK6APH