[hpsdr] Windows 7 Compatability Problems

Roger and Diana rc143dr at embarqmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:43:44 PDT 2010

Dave,

You might try to see if adding the program to DEP's allowed list of
programs helps. (DEP is Data Execution Prevention, and causes strange
issues like this in Windows 7.) Just do a search on the WEB and you
should be able to find information.

It is found in Windows 7 by right clicking on My Computer and then
clicking on properties. In the property window in the left hand corner
click on advanced system settings and then click on settings button
under performance in the window below. Click on the far right tab that
says Data Execution Prevention and then click in the selection that says
"Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:"

Add PowerSDR to the list of allowed programs. I have had issues with
Windows 7 suddenly creating issues due to this before so it may be worth
a shot.

73,

Roger (N3AYY)