[hpsdr] 700MHz Full Power Bandwidth S/H

Maximo EA1DDO_HK1DX ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 29 09:01:29 PDT 2010

Hi,

Now I am beggining to understand how it really works...

I found that statement in internet;

Nyquist requirement to sample at two times the highest frequency of
the input signal is for avoiding aliasing of baseband signals.
Bandwidth limited signals (like radio signals) don’t have frequency
components near DC. That being the case, the type of aliasing that the Nyquist Sample Rate
attempts to avoid isn’t a problem.
Shannon’s Information Theorem states that all of
the information in a bandwidth limited signal can be captured with a sampling rate as low as
twice the signal’s bandwidth.
In other words, a 500 MHz carrier signal with a 30kHz bandwidth can be sampled at a
frequency as low as 60kHz and still capture all of the signal’s information

If the LTC2208 is able to sample up to 700 MHz so we could capture any 60 MHz bandwith between 1 and 700 MHz with the Mercury card, not just HF.
Is that true?
Is there any way to say to Mercury what 60 MHz to sample?

Thank you

73, Maximo - EA1DDO