[hpsdr] [OT] external IDE/SATA to USB testers

Ken N9VV n9vv at wowway.com
Tue Feb 16 10:33:05 PST 2010

Hello fellow PC users. Here is a link to some very effective
test devices that I have found are essential when upgrading or
repairing a PC. You may also find them useful:
--------------------------------------
Here is a link to the External IDE to USB adapter for $8.99:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ADA-2012&cat=HDD

Here is another link to one that does both SATA and IDE external
to USB $13:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=2020&cat=HDD

Either is used to connect or test external IDE/SATA devices
without having to open the case of the computer :-)
here is another handy test device to see if a power supply is any
good - I use this tester: http://www.directron.com/pst03.html

I learned about using these unique test devices from my Elmer PC
Repair Technician. They sure have saved me from what would have
been many painful hours of upgrading and repair.

all the best,
73 de Ken N9VV