[hpsdr] MacHPSDR v0.0000000000001

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Feb 17 18:45:14 PST 2010

I thought you guys might like to see a first cut at a native Cocoa OpenHPSDR client for MacOS X.  This work is far from complete, and there are lots of pieces missing, but I do have a simple receiver running.  I'll be checking some code into my SVN as soon as I have something I'm comfortable releasing to the wild, and because this is all native, there's the possibility later to have a drag-n-drop binary.  Take a look on my YouTube page to see what it looks/sounds like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-2oGfMBx6E

This is captured using the Mercury board's sound interface, but I have working code in the program that allows you to use the Mac's audio output as well.  You can see it in the preferences pane I bring up in the middle of the video.

I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me along the way, and I hope to have some more stuff added soon like a panadapter and waterfall, although I have to wrap my head around how exactly to implement those.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com