[hpsdr] Pennywhistle VK6BMT

Merv Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 28 05:48:52 PST 2010

Hi,
Have just again got my complete HPSDR station connected and to test
P/Whistle I hooked it's output into my VSWR/Power Meter and a 50 ohm
non-inductive load.

When I press to talk everything is OK(current draw goes up 1.2 amps - this
being the effect of bias being shorted to ground by PowerSDR control) until
I whistle - the power meter shows 10w output but then everything stays at
that power - that is the power does not fall back to zero when there is no
microphone input(testing on 20m USB).  Additionally it locks up PowerSDR and
the only way to cure it is to switch off the DC power to HPSDR and restart
it again.

Could it be RF getting back into one or more of the boards?

Any ideas/suggestions please.

Merv  VK6BMT