[hpsdr] WinDRM with HPSDR

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 11:41:09 PST 2010

Hi Anthony, All,

It fairly simple and straightforward: (I use WinXP)

You have to use "VAC" (Virtual Audio Cable), this connects the
"PowerSDR" sound output to the "Dream" sound input.

Select "DRM" as the opearating mode in PowerSDR
Enable the use of VAC in PowerSDR (Tab Setup /Audio /VAC) and set the
output to eg. "Virtual Cable 1"

In "Dream" set the input to "Virtual Cable 1" (Tab Settings /Sound Card
Selection /Sound In) and adjust the audio level in PowerSDR/VAC  to have
an audio level in "Dream" that does not go into  the "red"

This should do the trick.(Everything else leave deafault)

I listen regularly to a number of DRM broadcasts and it works fine.
The Dream software adds more load to the CPU so you may have to play a
little with the sample rate and process priorities in WinXP to have a
good decoding of DRM signals.

73 's,

Henry.