[hpsdr] What mic are you using with Penelope?

Sheldon Hands ct1izu at sapo.pt
Mon Feb 22 03:02:12 PST 2010

>> So with that comes the question: what microphones are people using for
>> SSB
>> with their Penelope?  What are you using for a PTT switch?

 I use an inexpensive skype headset and get excellent tx audio reports. I
use
 the mouse or space bar to PTT but a foot switch would be the better option.

 In selecting a Skype head set its important to get one with large diameter
 headphones as the small diameter units can have a very poor rx audio
 frequency response.

 I fitted an rfi core at the plug end on the headset audio cable and also a
1nf
 across the back of the Electret insert just in case.

 Shel CT1IZU