[hpsdr] New k9trv KISS branch

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Jan 1 11:05:45 PST 2010

Dear All,
I think that I've finally figured out the SVN 'commit' action, and have thus
synced my most recent changes with the repository in a manner that should
allow for efficient acquisition of my latest changes.  There are a few.  If
there are any problems with this, please let me know so that I can deal with
the problem and correct it.  I've used a lot of version control systems, but
not much SVN before this.  Mercy, please!

1) applied Phil VK6APH's recent fixes to his branch of KISS (incl Hermes
support items)
2) some minor updates to WinUSBManaged
3) fixes to my branch of KISS
	a) Smeter properly creates a background image so that it is not
always redrawn
	b) likewise for wideband (Full-spectrum) display
	c) regular spectrum NOT similarly optimized, as it often has to be
redrawn when bandwidth and such are changed
	d) display of frequency in the frequency window/textbox has been
fixed, I think.  The problem was that the typed characters were being
allowed to be displayed, despite the OnKeyDown handler doing its own display
	e) wideband spectrum is now processed on only 4096 elements in the
WinUSB version, compared to 8192 on the libusb0 version, as trying to read
8192 elements when doing the wideband spectrum display caused severe audio
choppiness.  I think that Alberto noted similar with his implementation of
WinUSB.  It seems to be due to WinUSB architecture compared to libusb0
architecture.  We don't have the source for WinUSB, so this is somewhat
supposition...
	f) downloading of firmware is done without using initozy11.bat.  The
'old way' can still be chosen by changing the conditional compilation
directives in the code in the Start method...

Happy new year!

Vy 73,
George K9TRV

database 4735 (20100101) __________