[hpsdr] Penelope PCB Problems/Challenges

Merv Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 1 17:16:00 PST 2010

Hi All,

A quick thank you to those who provided help/suggestions as to what had gone
wrong on my Penelope board(went dead with both the 1V2 and 3V3 power rails
showing dead short to GND).  They were:

Phil - VK6APH
Gerd - DJ8AY
Graham - KE9H
Fritz - VK6UZ who desoldered the FPGA chip which had internal shorts and has
offered to resolder the new one when it arrives.  Both Gerd and Graham
accurately predicted that I would find the problem was the FPGA.  You will
seldom get a quicker response re Penelope boards/problems than that from
Gerd even on New Years eve!

If I have omitted anyone please forgive me.

A very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2010.

73  Merv  VK6BMT