[hpsdr] Excalibur TCXO

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Sun Jan 3 12:48:54 PST 2010

Graham, KE9H wrote:

> Bruce:

> Very nice work, with useful data.
> If I re-design Excalibur for a future production run, I will add some
> capability
> to optionally disable the 10 MHz on board oscillator.

Thanks for the kind words, Graham. In the short term, I may add a jumper on
my Excalibur to disconnect the 5V to the TCXO, when I'm not using it. Long
term, I'd like to add some circuitry smart enough to automatically select
the external reference if present, and power down the onboard TCXO.
Conversely, it should switch on the TCXO, and route it's output to ATLAS if
there is no external reference signal connected. I hate the thought of
removing all those screws from Pandora, once it's buttoned up with Alex
inside. 8-)

73,
Bruce N1RX